1) Be kind to your body. Eat and sleep plenty to nourish it, exercise enough to take care of it, be confident and embrace it. Don’t ever let social/familial pressure make you think that extra layer of fat makes you a little less attractive. If you want to have another piece of cake, you should have cake. Wear sunscreen and invest in skin care more than cosmetics. Drink responsibly.
2) Be kind to people. You will never please everyone and people will judge you but it’s not an excuse to be rude, to burn bridges, to be nasty. You will almost always judge everyone (in your head or with your buddies) but believe in the good in people and exhaust the good in you. Say “I love you” and “I’m sorry” at least once a day. And “Thank you” all the time. Always be grateful.
3) Be a child of the world. Explore and embrace differences beyond borders. There’s a whole universe out there and the world shouldn’t be boxed within the walls of your city, your country, your comfort zone. We are more alike than we are unalike. You’d be surprised how much this will feed your mind.
4) Be mindful. Do you really need that much stuff? No. Do you really need that much drama? No. Take into consideration that £1000 now will mean so little if you invest in the wrong place. Think ahead and clear your head before you make a move, say something, or choose directions. Don’t feel entitled because everything falls in borrowed time.
5) Be accountable. It’s not a perfect life, but you can create your own sunshine. Learn how to tune out the haze if you must for a bit but wake up to face the realities of your actions. Take courage.
How They Met, And Other Stories – David Levithan. I’ve only started reading this book this morning as a birthday present from a good friend. It’s a little reminder of how in a world of over 7 billion people some of us are lucky to find good eggs.
Still a full backlog of travel and food posts and a blog hop post!
My face above the water
My feet can’t touch the ground,
Touch the ground, and it feels like
I can see the sands on the horizon
Every time you are not around
I’m slowly drifting away (drifting away)
Wave after wave, wave after wave
I’m slowly drifting (drifting away)
And it feels like I’m drowning
Pulling against the stream
Pulling against the stream
Where the heck am I going tonight?!
The White Company’s Seychelles candle. Take me to the beach!
I was in Manila for one of my best friend’s wedding last Friday. T looked gorgeous as heck and I’m so grateful she ended up with who loves her and looks at her the way D does.
To make peace with someone I genuinely care about.
My awesome friends who’ve been organising the birthday weekend revelry! It’s been a draining past couple of weeks so I didn’t really plan much but these lovely people went out of their ways to keep me entertained. Thanks for celebrating this one with me, loves!
To see some penguins, and to not wake up on Monday with a massive hangover.
To be organised with my thank you’s, I’m sorry’s and I love you’s.
Excited to see friends and blogger friends alike over the next couple of weeks!
A Google search on the best tattoo places in London.