My blogging history dates back to 2001, when the internet was all about dial-up connections. Those days, “blogging” was all for journalling pent up emotions of youth and in a way, expressing creative juice through word-weaving.
These days, I blog about happier things in life. Mostly food, travel and musings for when the mind feels a bit philosophical. This blog is my happy space where everything is bright as the sunshine and the people I meet are like diamonds in the sea. =)
Work with The Girl Next Shore!
I’m open to writing opportunities of all sorts so whether you’re a fellow blogger, a brand or a PR company, feel free to email me and perhaps we can work making the world a happier place! Drop me a note on honeydegracia[at]gmail[dot]com.
Brand collaborations include Asahi, Benihana Group, Bloomsbury Hotel, Bookatable, Bourjois Paris, Cheapflights, Clue Quest, Drake & Morgan Group, Fairtrade, Harrods, Hotjoint London, Kusmi Paris, La Roche-Posay, Lava BrightSounds, L’Oreal, Marc Jacobs, Nuffnang, Space NK, Squaremeal, Starwood Hotels (Westin Excelsior Rome),Panviman Spa Resort (Thailand), The Arch London, Timex, Vita Coco, Zomato, apps such as Cake, Dayre, Hypit, PEPO, as well as a variety of international restaurants and PR consultancies.
Eight Fun Facts about The Girl Next Shore:
1. I’m a Londoner by way of Manila, the capital of the Philippines (where the beaches are pristine and the people smile more than it rains in the UK).
2. I’m one of the very few Filos who can’t carry a tune like those you see on YouTube. But I am a mean hip-hop dancer.3. My party trick: I can open bottle-caps with my teeth. I fumble with a bottle opener.
4. One of the most memorable experiences I’ve ever had was circumcising a 13-year-old boy (who was much bigger than me) during a voluntary medical mission. My mommy wanted me to be a doctor and that was the reason why I went on to read Business.
5. I have an affinity with stripes, penguins, London and the French Riviera.
6. I can’t eat eggs. Perhaps it’s psychological, because I can eat them in form of cake (ie, when I don’t see the yolk at all).
7. I have a day job in Marketing. And I reckon I’m pretty good at it.
8. My jersey number in any sport has always been 89. The 8th letter in the alphabet is “H” and the 9th letter is “I”. Put them together and you get HI!
Hope you have fun reading! x